Germs, oil, dust, and other free radicals tend to build up and can thrive on your brushes and combs. Many of us use hair products, then brush our hair, hence these products get transferred to the brush or comb. When we don’t clean the brushes or combs, the products stay in place and build up over time. And as you use those uncleaned combs and brushes on your hair, you subject your hair to a host of hair and scalp problems like dandruff, scalp infections, hair fall, which is why cleaning the hairbrushes becomes important!
Just as you would clean your makeup brushes, you should clean your hairbrushes and combs too.
Here is a step-by-step guide to clean your combs and brushes.
1. Remove the Hair stuck on the bristles: With your hands remove the hair and dirt stuck between the bristles of the hairbrushes. If there is oil on the brushes or combs, use a tissue to wipe it off.
2. Put the Brushes in the Tub: Take a tub that is big enough to fit all the brushes and combs you need to clean, and put them all inside.
3. Add Water: Fill the tub with lukewarm water until all the brushes and combs are submerged in it.
4. Cleanse: Pour some shampoo or a mild cleanser in the water and stir it well. Clarifying shampoo is the best cleanser to use while cleaning your hair tools since it works best at removing grime and oil that is stuck at the bottom.
To clean electric hairbrushes, remove any stray hair stuck between the bristles, then use a damp cloth to wipe down between them.
To clean straightening or roller hairbrush use a cloth and wipe down between the bristles as gently as you can. Make sure the tool is completely cooled down before you start.
5. Let Them Soak: Allow your brushes and combs to sit in the soapy water for about half an hour. This will help all the grime stuck at the bottom of the bristles of the brush or between the teeth of the comb to turn soft and lose.
6. Scrub: Scrub your combs and brushes one by one. For the brushes, you will need to be as gentle as you can so that you do not damage or break the bristles.
7. Clean with a Toothpick: If there is still some dirt stuck right at the bottom, use a toothpick and gently scrub it off.
8. Rinse: Rinse all your brushes and combs well to remove all the soap.
9. Sanitise: Add a few drops of tea tree oil to the tub (after cleaning it) and add some clean water. Soak your brushes and combs for about five minutes. This step ensures that your brushes and combs are sanitized as well. You can disinfect and clean a plastic hairbrush or comb by dipping it in rubbing alcohol or vinegar.
10. Let them Dry: Place your brushes face down on the towel so that all the water seeps out. Place the combs next to them and let them dry.
Not many people clean their combs and brushes, but they should! Cleaning combs and hairbrushes is a good habit since it can keep your hair and scalp healthy. So use these tips to have clean combs and healthy hair.
#alantrumanofficial #alantrumanbrush #alantrumanblowdryingbrush #blowdryingbrush #paddlebrush #roundbrush #comb #hairtutorial #hairblog #hairstylist #blogs #hairstyle #blastdry
All material on this website, including design, content, photographs, graphical images, and logos are owned by alantruman.com, either through copyright or trademark unless otherwise indicated. All rights are reserved by alantruman.com. Content may not be copied, reproduced, transmitted, distributed, downloaded, or transferred in any form or by any means.