If you use your brush daily for serious combing/brushing you are going to have a paddle full of little hair, sticky dust and grime from the natural oils of the scalp and hair.
For a hygienic brushing experience and hair care, you need to keep the paddle/base of the brush spic and span.
Please follow these steps at least once every 2 months to keep your brush clean and dirt free:
- To make a cleaning solution: Take a shallow vessel that can hold some water. Add a few drops of mild detergent or a hair shampoo. Lather.
- Now hold your brush in the cleaning solution for 40-60 seconds such that the base of the brush is complete soaked and covered in the solution.
- Pick it back, hold the handle and take a comb or an old toothbrush and gently brush off the grime, dirt and hair in the same dish.
- Remove the brush and hold it under running water.
- Shake off all excess water and moisture.
- Towel dab and do a quick COLD AIR blast on the brush to dry it.
There you are.
Your brush is all good and ready as new for the next phase of hair brushing and care.
- Do not soak the brush in water, soap, or detergent solution. It will affect the gluing of the rubber pad to the body of the brush.
- Do not be harsh while brushing/cleaning the rubber pad with the comb or tooth brush as this can pluck off or push & bend the bristles of the brush.
- Unlike electronic/electrical tools, hair brushes do not come with a warranty. So you have to take good care of your brush as you care for a valuable possesion.
Happy brushing and care!!