Semi-wide plates for quicker styling and easier control on medium to very long hair.
If saving time is the first thing on your mind, then semi-wide plates are for you. Semi-wide plates give you more contact surface with hair and hence you can finish your styling in lesser time. Long, thick and coarse hair need more grip and control, that’s another area where semi-wide plates step in. Some gals are just not comfortable and do not feel in control with slim plates and this is the third reason why we got the hot semi-wide plates in. In a shade of delightfully HOT PINK.
What is it exactly? A straightener with semi-wide tourmaline ceramic plates. These plates are hand-milled and coated with tourmaline-ceramic in a state-of-the art factory in Korea which just manufactures straightener plates. That’s how keen we are about quality.
Does it work on all hair types? Yes. It works on all hair types and textures. However, you have to exercise caution and understand what works best for your hair. There is no right or wrong answer to temperature and expected results. What works for one hair type on one individual may not work for the other with the same hair type.
Below is a tentative temperature guide. Use sound judgement and see what works best for your hair type and styling expectations.
Remember temperature selection is dependent on several factors:
1. Hair type: Type, texture and length of hair
2. Speed: How soon you need to finish the job
3. Working style and time on hand: Do you like to work with thicker sections or thinner sections?
4. Time: How much time do you want to spend on the styling session
5. Treatments: Rebonding, keratin, and other treatments need a specific temperature. You have to work on the prescribed temperatures when doing such treatments.
Recommended temperature settings
1. 210°C - 230°C: For straightening naturally wavy, curly Caucasian/Asian & chemical treatments.
2. 190°C - 210°C: For straightening healthy Asian hair.
3. 170°C - 190°C: For straightening blonde / natural brown Caucasian hair.
4. 150°C - 170°C: For straightening bleached, colored hair straightening.
Disclaimer: Exercise caution and care and always start with lower temperatures and increase and decrease as per your styling requirement and other factors.
Is it a straightener only? Not Really! You can use it as styler to get straight hair, curls, waves and flick. You cannot use it to get defined tight curls because of the semi-wide plates. It can be used to get loose bouncy waves and curls using the roll and flip technique.
Do I need to use a heat protect spray along with this tool? A good quality and a very light one. If you use a poor quality and too heavy a serum it will weigh your hair down or not straighten your hair properly because the heat will not affect the texture of the hair as much as it ideally should. Since the plates are coated with Tourmaline-ceramic you have sufficient protection with this styler. Use it without a heat serum and check the results and your health for a week. If it is all fine then you really do not need to use a serum at all. You may brush your hair with a few drops of leave in oil like the Moroccan oil or the L’Oreal Extraordinary Oil before the styling session.
How do the temperature settings work?
The Hot Pink styler has 3 temperature buttons.
· The first one is a direct-230 deg cel button that takes the plates to 230 deg celsius directly.
· The other two are up and down regulators which you can use if you want to work at different temperatures as per your choice and need.
Is this a a home styling tool or a professional styling tool ? We recommend this product for home styling only. However, since it has all the professional grade features like the 230°C temperture and Tourmaline-ceramic plates, you can use it in a salon too.
Keep your expectations in check if you are using it in a salon or a professional environment. For top-end professional styling tools visit our website www.alantruman.com.
Technical Features of the Hot Pink Styler are as follows:
1.25-inch-semi-wide hand-milled tourmaline-ceramic plates
Safe & secure: Auto shut-off after 60 minutes
Auto temperature lock to avoid mishaps
Digital temperature control and LCD digital display
8 heat settings: 90 to 230° Celsius
Frizz free styler: hand-milled tourmaline ceramic plates
6-direction floating mechanism for smooth styling and curling
2.5 meters salon-grade 360-degree full-swivel cord